Announcement of Funding Opportunity: Universal Prekindergarten Expansion Grant for New Full-Day and Half-Day to Full-Day Placements for Four-Year-Old Students - Round 2
Chapter 53 of the Laws of 2022 appropriates $25 million for additional prekindergarten grants for school districts to establish New Full-Day and Half-Day to Full-Day prekindergarten placements for four-year-old students in accordance with applicable provisions in Education Law Section 3602-ee governing Statewide Universal Full-Day Prekindergarten (§3602-ee).
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) # GC 22-010a. NYSED will award up to $25 million to fund grants for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 school years:
- In round one, NYSED awarded $11,692,890 of the $25 Million.
- For round two, applicants will be eligible for the remaining $13,307,110.
RFP# GC 22-010a is posted to the NYSED Grant RFP Web Page
- Questions relative to this RFP must be sent to PREKRFP@nysed.gov no later than close of business on January 27, 2023. A questions and answers summary will be posted by February 3, 2023.
- Applications are due by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on February 17, 2023.
- For additional information, please review the full RFP document.