National Youth Science Camp
Hosted in Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia since 1963, the National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp) is a residential science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) program designed to honor and challenge some of the nation’s rising leaders and provide them with opportunities to engage with STEAM professionals and participate in exciting outdoor activities. Students from around the country (two seniors or juniors are selected each year to represent New York State) are challenged academically in exciting lectures and establish friendships that last a lifetime. The 2023 National Youth Science Camp will be held from June 19, 2023 to July 12, 2023.
New for this year, the NYSCamp will use a hybrid model for the 2023 summer experience which will consist of in person and virtual sessions designed to honor and challenge some of the nation’s rising STEAM leaders and provide them with opportunities to engage with STEAM professionals and participate in exciting outdoor activities. Housing, meals, transportation, and supplies are provided to participants at no cost.
The application period is now closed.
To be eligible to attend the 2023 NYSCamp:
- Graduates from high school between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2024.
- Documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in STEAM.
- Recognition for notable achievements in STEAM program areas.
- Skills and achievements outside of STEAM and academia.
- Must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore new topics.
- Must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a STEAM-related field.
- Must be willing and able to participate daily for the entire duration of the NYSCamp program.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with at least one booster before attending the in person portion of camp. Official documentation of vaccination status will be required to be submitted if selected to attend the NYSCamp.
For more information about the program, please visit either the NYSCamp's website or the National Youth Science Academy website. For more information regarding the application process please contact Nicole Marschilok (New York State Coordinator) at Nicole.Marschilok@nysed.gov. If you are having any technical difficulty with any aspect of submitting your information or your teacher/mentor submitting their letter of recommendation, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org.