Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
The practice of licensed master social work and the use of the title "Licensed Master Social Worker" and the designation of "LMSW" or derivatives thereof in New York State requires licensure as a licensed master social worker, unless otherwise exempt under the law.
To be licensed as a licensed master social worker (LMSW) in New York State you must:
- be of good moral character as determined by the Department;
- be at least 21 years of age;
- meet education requirements;
- meet examination requirements; and
- complete coursework or training in the identification and reporting of child abuse offered by a New York State approved provider.