Curating Authentic Resources for the World Language Classroom
The Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages of the New York State Education Department in collaboration with the New York State Association of World Language Administrators (NYSAWLA), presents "Curating Authentic Resources for the World Language Classroom".
Original webinar date: November 3, 2020
Webinar Description: This webinar will explore and discuss "authentic texts": what they are; ways to find, organize and curate them; and how to use them for intentional skill-building with students.
Webinar presenter: Leslie Grahn is a noted leader, presenter, author, and blogger in the field of world language education.
Link to Handouts folder from webinar
Link to post-assessments
To receive a certificate of completion (including a CTLE certificate), NYS educators must view the recording of the webinar (see link above) in its entirety and then answer at least seven out of ten questions correctly on the post assessment. If the minimum required score (7 out of 10) is achieved, the educator will receive a certificate via email within an hour. For the convenience of our World Language educators, there are multiple versions of the post assessment available, should the required score not be achieved on the first attempt.
- Educators may take each version of the post assessment once. Credit will not be given for taking a single version of the post assessment more than once.
- Credit will not be given for more than one passing score on any of the post assessments for a webinar (listed below) in a single academic year.
- Educators may receive credit for viewing the webinar recording and passing a post assessment once in each academic year and are encouraged to take a different version of the post assessment on a yearly basis to review and test their knowledge of the webinar's content.
- It is the responsibility of the individual educator to keep track of the information on the professional learning they complete each year, including the number of CTLE hours.
- Questions about this webinar or the post assessments, should be directed to Candace Black at (585) 356-0951 or at email@example.com.
Quotes from participants of this workshop
- This has been, by far, the most valuable PD I've been a part of as a Spanish Teacher for Hybrid Instruction. ~Danielle G.
- This webinar is so helpful to ENL teachers too! ~ Jennifer B.
- I think this meeting was 100% meaningful, relevant, engaging, and productive. Kudos to all of you who arranged it and to these incredible resources, Leslie. ~ Beth H.
- Being a first year teacher; this meeting has been super informative. I was uncertain about how and where to obtain information has been made clearer. Thank you. ~ Naomi D.T.
- Thank you for all of these amazing resources! ~ Stephanie S.