New Resource: How does NYSED define Performance-Based Learning and Assessment?
NYSED developed a Fact Sheet to provide information on what performance-based learning and assessment (PBLA) is, and how it fits into New York's statewide assessment strategy. Check out the fact sheet for information on the following questions:
- What are some key attributes of performance-based approaches to teaching, learning, and assessment?
- What is performance-based assessment?
- How does performance-based assessment fit into an assessment strategy that includes multiple measures?
- What are different ways in which performance-based learning opportunities and assessments can be designed and used?
- What are some examples of types of performance-based assessment tasks?
You can find the Fact Sheet along with many other PBLA resources on our PLAN Pilot website.