Skip to main content

Transfer Students


Transfer Student Question and Answer

Out-of-State Transfer Students

Diploma Options for Puerto Rican Students

  • NYSED and the Puerto Rico Department of Education (PRDE) have agreed to allow students who were displaced by Hurricane Irma or Maria and subsequently enrolled in a high school in New York State to be offered the opportunity to complete either the New York State diploma requirements or the requirements to earn a diploma from Puerto Rico. This applies to students who had attained 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in Puerto Rico by October 2017.
  • Field Advisory:  Diploma Options for Puerto Rican Students Displaced by Hurricanes Irma or Maria