Advanced Placement Fee Waivers
New York State Funding for Eligible Students’ 2022 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
For public and non-public school students qualifying for the College Board fee reduction of $34 per exam, the state of New York will pay an additional:
- $43 per AP Exam (except AP Seminar and AP Research Exams)
- $91 per AP Seminar Exam and AP Research Exam
The final fee for any AP Exam (including AP Seminar and AP Research Exams) for a fee-reduced student is $10.
Process for School Districts
Each school or district's AP coordinator will take the following steps:
Before the exams:
- For your invoice to accurately reflect any fee reductions, the AP coordinator must indicate the fee reduction status for each eligible student in AP Registration and Ordering.
- For each student who is eligible for the College Board fee reduction, check the box for reduced fee next to their name in the student roster.
- For students who aren't eligible for the fee reduction, no action is needed.
- Fee reduction status is indicated only once per student, not for each exam.
- A best practice is to indicate the fee reduction status for each student by the time you submit your exam order, if possible, to ensure you have time to plan for and collect the appropriate exam fees from students. However, if you need more time to verify this information, the deadline to indicate students' fee reduction status in AP Registration and Ordering is April 30, 2022 (11:59 p.m. ET).
After the exams:
- Your invoice will be sent to you via email after the late-testing administration. At that point, you can also access and print the invoice through AP Registration and Ordering.
- Send $10 to College Board for each AP Exam, including AP Seminar and AP Research Exams, taken by fee-reduced students.
- June 15, 2022 is the postmark deadline for payment due to College Board.
- College Board will bill the New York State Education Department (NYSED) directly for $43 per AP Exam ($91 per AP Seminar and AP Research Exam) per fee-reduced student.
- AP coordinators do not need to send a copy of their invoice to NYSED.
Additional questions can be directed to email@example.com or (518) 474-5922.
Resources for Students
The College Board will be offering a variety of testing options for the 2021 AP Exam Administration. Additional information can be referenced on the College Board’s About AP webpage. Additional questions about testing options for the 2022 AP Exam Administration may be directed to the classroom teacher, the school’s AP Coordinator, or the College Board (Send a Message to the College Board).