Advanced Placement Fee Waivers
New York State Funding for Eligible Students’ 2019 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
For public and non-public school students qualifying for the College Board fee reduction of $32 per exam, the state of New York will pay an additional:
- $48 per AP Exam (except AP Seminar and AP Research Exams)
- $96 per AP Seminar Exam and AP Research Exam
The final fee for any AP Exam (including AP Seminar and AP Research Exams) for a qualifying student is $5.
Process for School Districts
Each school or district's AP coordinator will take the following steps:
Before the exams:
- Determine the total number of students in your school(s) eligible for fee reductions for low-income students.
- Determine the total number of exams eligible students will take.
- Enter these numbers on the AP Exam Ordering website while ordering exams.
After the exams:
- Fill in the "Option 1" circle on each qualifying student's registration answer sheet.
- When generating your invoice online, enter the total number of exams taken by qualifying low-income students.
- Send $5 to the AP Program for each AP Exam taken by qualifying low-income students.
- This fee also applies to AP Seminar and AP Research Exams.
- Schools no longer need to submit a copy of their College Board AP Exam Invoice, nor a signed roster of qualifying student names, to the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
The College Board will bill the state directly ($96 per AP Seminar and AP Research Exams, $48 per all other AP Exams).
Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 474-5922.