THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Assistant In Nursing Education, Grade 22 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Professions (OP) is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant in Nursing Education for the State Board for Nursing. This office assists the Board of Regents and the Department in the licensing and practice of nursing and other health care professions. Under the general direction of the Board’s Executive Secretary, the Assistant in Nursing Education assists in matters related to the licensure, education, conduct and practice of New York State licensed nursing professions, clinical laboratory technology professions and other health care professions. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and survey other jurisdictions regarding nursing and clinical laboratory technology professional licensing, educations and practice matters;
- Draft clinical practice position statements and recommendations relating to the nursing, clinical laboratory technology, and other health professions for review and approval by the Executive Secretary;
- Interact with professional organizations and government agencies in matters relating to licensed health care professions;
- Attend meetings of the State Board for Nursing, the State Board for Clinical Laboratory Technology boards, and professional and government organizations, as assigned, and prepare draft minutes and reports as requested;
- Review applications for approval of clinical laboratory technology training programs, as well as applications relating to the licensure of clinical laboratory technology professionals; and
- Assist with the general workflow of the office, such as respond to public inquiries regarding licensed professions; prepare office reports; act as a liaison with other department personnel and Board Members; prepare draft responses on behalf of the Executive Secretary; and oversee office operations in the absence of the Executive Secretary.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Nursing Education.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements and have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the titles linked here: Section 70.1 Transfer Determinations Between Professional Educator Titles Grade 22, 26, and 28 | New York State Education Department (nysed.gov). Candidates must have a current New York State license as a Registered Nurse (RN) AND a Master's degree in Nursing to be eligible to transfer.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have a current New York State license as a Registered Nurse (RN), a Master’s degree in Nursing, AND three years of professional administrative or educational experience in a college, university, education agency, or professional association having oversight, regulatory, or coordinative responsibility for higher or professional education. Two years of this experience must have been related to either the regulation and/or licensure of nurses or to the development, review, or offering of nursing education programs. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Assistant in Nursing Education when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
This will be a permanent or temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Assistant in Nursing Education when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of license and degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. At the time of hire, candidates are required to possess a current license and registration in New York State as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Leads to a maximum salary of $95,392 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OP-1559/20502) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.