Participation Opportunities: Teacher Certification
Multiple NYSTCE Activities Slated for 2021
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking educators to participate for the following NYSTCE activities in 2021:
- Standard Setting for the revised School Building Leader Assessment
- Framework Review for the new Computer Science Content Specialty Test
- Framework Review for the new School Counselor Content Specialty Test
- Framework Review for the revised Physical Education Content Specialty Test
- Item Review for the revised Business and Marketing Content Specialty Test
- Item Review for the revised Bilingual Education Assessments
At this time, the NYSED is looking for New York State educators who hold permanent or professional certification in New York State, educators with expertise in the teaching in these fields, school building or school district leaders who oversee these programs, and New York State educator preparation faculty who are preparing educators in these fields.
The NYSED invites all educator and educator stake holders to nominate highly qualified educators at http://research.net/s/NYSTPNominate. Please invite your nominees to complete our online application, located at https://www.research.net/s/NYSTPRecruit. Participants in the conference will receive an honorarium and, if needed, reimbursement for travel expenses and lodging.
All NYSTCE exams are developed in accordance with national industry and professional standards for educational testing. NYSTCE assessments are used to measure examinees’ knowledge, skills, and abilities and to determine certification eligibility required in New York State.
Ongoing Test Development Activities
NYSED seeks qualified professionals to serve as committee members for ongoing test development activities for the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE). New York State-certified educators, including those from higher education, who have extensive content expertise in the area of one or more NYS Teacher Certificate categories are encouraged to apply to participate in the test development process.
Activities for which educators are needed include:
- Bias Review: A one-day-long meeting held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants will review test materials for potential sources of bias according to established review criteria pertaining to test content, language, offense, stereotypes, fairness, and diversity.
- Framework Review: A one-day-long meeting held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants will review frameworks used for test development to ensure appropriate content coverage.
- Item Review: Two-day-long meetings held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants will review test items for content accuracy, adherence to development criteria, and overall quality.
- Marker Response: A one-day-long meeting held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants will review and score field tested constructed response items to select anchor papers for scoring guides.
- Standard setting: A one-day-long meeting held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants will recommend performance standards for each level of achievement on the test.
See http://www.nystce.nesinc.com/ for more information about NYS Teacher Certification Exams.
Please complete our online application at https://www.research.net/s/NYSTPRecruit to take part in these test development activities.