Participation Opportunities: Regents Examinations
For more than a century the Regents Examinations have been written by New York State teachers, and over the years educator involvement in test development and review increased as the program has grown. NYSED seeks qualified educators who have demonstrated content expertise to assist in the following development activities for the NYS Regents Examinations. Applicants should be knowledgeable in teaching the diverse students who attend New York Schools, including ELL and SWD populations.
Participants in the Regents Exam development committees will receive reimbursement for travel expense and lodging payable at the current state reimbursement rate.
- Item Writing: Begins with two-day-long meetings, held regionally at different points throughout the year. Following the initial training received at these Item Writing Workshops, educators write, review and revise test items in line with development criteria. Item Writing is an ongoing activity that can be completed off-site from NYSED.
- Field Test Form Review: Two-day-long meetings, held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants review Field Test forms for content accuracy, adherence to development criteria, and overall quality.
- Operational Test Form Review: Two-day-long meetings, held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants review Operational Test forms for content accuracy, adherence to development criteria, and overall quality.
- Scoring Material Development: Week-long meetings (meetings may be shorter, but educators should plan to commit for up to five days), held in the Albany area at different points throughout the year. Participants develop materials used for scoring of Operational Tests including rubrics, sample response sets, and item annotations.
- Rangefinding: A week-long meeting, held in the Albany area during the late summer. Participants review and score Field Tested constructed response items and select anchor papers to be used in scoring guides.
Please complete our online application to take part in these test development activities.