Notification of Intent: Application for New York State Authorization Confirmation
Thank you for submitting a notification of intent to apply for authorization from the New York State Education Department (NYSED). Application files are submitted using a secure Web-based file transfer service. The following steps outline how to gain access to your institution’s application submission folder:
- An email invitation from “SED File Transfer Manager” will be sent to email addresses of the primary and, if applicable, secondary contacts, as provided on the notification of intent form.
- Follow the link provided in the email to register with the file transfer service. Note that the invitation link will expire after two weeks.
- After registering, the file transfer manager will request an email confirmation. You will not be able to access the submission folder until you have confirmed your email address. The email confirmation request may arrive up to twenty-four hours after registration.
- After confirming your email address, the file transfer manager will send an email that provides access to the application submission folder.
- Once the application is ready for submission, transfer all files to the application submission folder and send a notice of application submission to IHEauthorize@nysed.gov. Do not submit a paper copy of the application.
- NYSED will not begin reviewing the application until all of the following have been received:
- Notification of application submission,
- All application files, and
- Payment of fees.
Submission of an application does not guarantee that the institution’s application will ultimately be approved.
If you encounter any difficulties while submitting an application, please email IHEAuthorize@nysed.gov.