Web Design Spring Internship
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Facilities Planning is primarily responsible for code enforcement, life safety, fire safety and health in all public K-12 schools and BOCES in the State, exclusive of New York City.
- Conduct a full redesign of the OFP website using agency-wide templates and existing website data. This effort would be in conjunction with the Agency's other departments.
- Create new graphics for use of the office or agency
- Manage the data quality validation of the new database and perform record update.
- Assist in developing internal and external training documentation for new database
- Revise technical and office policy documentation
- Assist with clerical work among the support staff team
- Attend meetings and provide minutes when required
- Master technical skills with different software program from Microsoft to Drupal
- Develop interpersonal skills and collaborate with professionals
- Gain knowledge of working with a NYS agency
- Conduct meaningful work that serves the NYS public school system
- Gain valuable experience for future career opportunities
- Pursuing a degree in digital arts or website design
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite and tools
- String verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn and work on various tasks within the office
- Strong ability to multi-task
Intern must be available Monday - Friday during 9am and 4pm. Days and times per day is flexible.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, transcript (student copy is acceptable), and completed internship application to email@example.com. Please include the Assignment Number (P12-SP23-1) in the subject line of your email to reference this assignment.