ITS Application Development unit, supports new application development initiatives and application support as directed by ITS management and NYSED Executive Management. Our specific group supports Library Development, Cold Fusion, MS Access database support for HR, Fiscal, SRO and other PIMS systems.
The intern will work side by side with other developers in a project team. They will be assigned and have to balance daily as well as longer term work assignments. Interns will using our ticketing system, code versioning, participate in project meetings, and where appropriate have a direct working relationship with our customers. Depending on priorities at the time, interns may work our leading priority item, or may support critical maintenance items- to allow other staff to focus on priority projects. Systems that the intern may work on include:
- Library Development application development & system support (Java/Oracle/Struts), LDGrants system, and LDAC systems.
- State Review Office reporting maintenance enhancements(MS Access)
- Contact and Fiscal tracking systems maintenance updates, Grant Tracker, CAU (MS Access)
- Maintenance updates to HR systems, Waiver, Candidate Entry (MS Access)
- Maintenance updates to Office of Counsel
- Support migration of custom applications from MS Access 2003 to MS Access 2010
Interns will have increased interpersonal communication skills by working with peers and customer interaction. It’s expected that they will learn and/or increase proficiency in VBA/Java coding and MS Access/Oracle database development.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, transcript (student copy is acceptable), and completed internship application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the Assignment Number (PIMS-20) in the subject line of your email to reference this assignment.