The Office of Communications is responsible for the preparation and/or distribution of materials regarding the programs, policies, and activities of the State Education Department to the general public, media, and other relevant audiences.
- Developing and implementing social media strategies on various social media channels
- Drafting news releases, talking points, letters to the editor and other NYSED communications
- Assisting in preparation of Commissioner's briefings
- Ability to develop graphics is a plus but not required
- Assisting communications staff with other duties as assigned
The intern will gain experience in a fast-paced government communications office and develop writing, social media and other skills.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, transcript (student copy is acceptable), and completed internship application to email@example.com Please include the Assignment Number (CFO-12) in the subject line of your email to reference this assignment.