THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Support Services Assistant, NS (CSEA-Admin)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services, Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) Office is seeking candidates for a Support Services Assistant position in the Kingston Satellite Office. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for assisting a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with the following:
- Data entry in various computer programs;
- Filling out forms;
- Reading printed materials aloud;
- Converting printed materials into electronic format;
- Filing including sorting, locating, and returning files;
- Physically manipulate file folders;
- Learning new computer data systems, as needed;
- Escorting visitors;
- Delivering files and worksheets;
- Answering phone calls, taking messages and connecting or forwarding callers;
- Interacting with IT staff to resolve technical issues including checking wires, removing paper jams, and replacing toner cartridges; and
- Performing other routine clerical duties, as assigned.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate must demonstrate respect for participants’ confidentiality and must follow rules for Service Dogs.
Candidates must have either a High School Diploma or a High School Equivalency diploma.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who have experience working in a clerical office setting.
This will be a temporary hourly appointment. This appointment is contingent upon the continued employment of the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to whom assistance is being provided. Regular statewide travel may be required.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 6, 2020 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (ACS-2383/95852) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.