THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Supervisor of Occupational Education, Grade 28 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education (ACCES) is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Occupational Education position in the Adult Education Programs and Policy Unit. This Office promotes, develops, and supports adult education programs with the goal of providing adult students with successful pathways and transitions to post-secondary education, apprenticeship training, and the workforce. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all aspects of Office operations and ensure that RFPs, RFIs, mandated reports, and other materials are completed, processed and delivered on time;
- Serve as New York State (NYS) Director for Adult Education under federal office;
- Oversee NRS, NYRS (ALE and EPE), and Fast Track Funding reporting systems;
- Oversee and manage major Adult Education Programs and Policy funding streams (WIOA/WEP, EPE, ALE);
- Create, approve, and deploy professional development customized for adult education, HSE preparation, and literacy for ESL population;
- Under Federal requirement, work collaboratively with the NYS Department of Labor and other partners under WIOA funding;
- Serve as a liaison with other offices in NYSED, NYCDOE, Federal Department of Education, and Adult Education Associations (e.g. NYACCE, NYCAL);
- Interact with RAENs, participate in monthly RAEN meetings and provide updates to program managers at regional RAEN meetings;
- Prepare material for Deputy Commissioner for Regent’s items;
- Meet periodically with Deputy Commissioner and provide monthly reports of Office activities;
- Represent NYSED-ACCES at appropriate public conferences/venues, and
- Respond to assignments and inquiries, including FOIL requests, for the Office.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Continuing Education or Associate in Occupational School Supervision.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position requires 20% statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 2, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2452/63083) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by SED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.