THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Supervisor of Higher Education Programs, Grade 28 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Higher Education Programs position in the Office of College and University Evaluation (OCUE). This Office assesses the compliance of public, independent, and proprietary degree-granting institutions and the programs of study they offer with the standards of quality set forth in law, rule, and regulation. Reporting to the OCUE Director, the incumbent will be responsible for setting the overall direction and ensuring effective implementation of the state authorization work for NYS institutions of higher education (IHE) and out-of-state IHEs seeking to offer credit-bearing post-secondary education in NYS. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct the implementation of the work related to the authorization of credit-bearing post-secondary education in NYS by the NYS Board of Regents and NYS Education Department including, New Degree Authority, Permission to Operate in NYS, the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) for distance education, and authorization of out-of-state, non-SARA IHEs;
- Direct the fiscal management of the authorization work, including budgeting, program approval processes, fund distribution and management, and program auditing and monitoring;
- Advise the Office Director and senior Department staff on policy matters related to state authorization of postsecondary education;
- Develop regulatory and policy amendments related to State authorization issues;
- Collaborate with Regional Compacts for Higher Education, national SARA organization and NYS Higher Education sector leadership on the ongoing implementation of SARA;
- Develop recommendations for consideration by senior management and the Board of Regents concerning applications for New Degree Authority and Permission to Operate in NYS;
- Supervise and lead State authorization staff members; and
- Complete other priority projects including supervising the evaluation of proposals for registration of credit-bearing college programs.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Higher Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Higher Education, Associate in Higher Education Opportunity, Associate in Occupational School Supervision, or Associate in Teacher Education.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume by July 29, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-696/16751) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.