THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Supervisor of Education Programs, Grade 28 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS Employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Education Programs position in the Office of Student Support Services. This Office promotes greater alignment, integration, and collaboration between education leaders and health sectors to improve each child’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development. The CDC’s Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model focuses on the child to align the common goals of both sectors in the whole child approach to education. The incumbent of this position will provide supervision and leadership related to the WSCC student-centered model to emphasize the role of the community in supporting the school, the connections between health and academic achievement and the importance of evidence-based school policies and practices by providing guidance, technical assistance, program support, and review. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership to staff of the OSSS office in their efforts to support NYSED’s implementation of state and federal education laws, regulations, and policies to benefit the children of New York State;
- Oversee the development, approval, and dissemination of resource materials and information related to student supports, school supports, grants, and other department priorities;
- Provide supervision of, and verbal as well as written feedback to, professional and administrative support staff regarding completion of routine responsibilities and assignments including site visits, program monitoring, district implementation of NYSED initiatives, and other tasks assigned;
- Oversee responsibilities related to the recruitment and retention of viable candidates for position vacancies within the OSSS unit per Civil Service requirements;
- Participate in meetings with internal OSSS/NYSED staff and external stakeholders as needed, assigned, and/or requested;
- Supervise, oversee, facilitate, and conduct program office implementation of NYSED business and financial management systems;
- Oversee the implementation of Federal and State-funded programs; and
- Complete all mandatory trainings as required by NYSED and provide oversight of staff completion of required and assigned trainings.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements and have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the Professional Educator Titles (Grade 22, 26, and 28), as indicated here: http://www.nysed.gov/hr/section-701-transfer-determinations-between-prof...
Preference may be given to candidates that have a professional license to practice licensed registered nurse, social worker, or psychologist.
EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
Leads to a maximum salary of $126,476 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 13, 2023 to OHEjobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OHE-989/64312) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.