THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Supervisor of Education Programs, Grade 28 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Education Programs position in the Office of Early Learning (OEL). This Office provides oversight and technical support to school districts in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and policies related to educating students in Prekindergarten to third grade that are aligned with the NYS Board of Regents Early Childhood Policy. The Office works closely with parents, early care and education agencies, schools, state agencies and community advocates to coordinate programs and resources, with the goal of making New York’s early learning system as comprehensive and seamless as possible. This position will report directly to the Director for the Office of Early Learning. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direction and support for statewide policies and programs related to prekindergarten to third grade (P-3), including the development of a P-3 learning continuum for students;
- Assist the Director of OEL in comprehensive budget planning, analysis and oversight of federal and State funding sources;
- Interpret and respond to proposed and current legislation that impacts schools and students in early childhood education;
- Respond to written requests from internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate monitoring, including site visits, of all federal and State-funded prekindergarten programs within OEL to determine if programs are operating in compliance with the governing rules and regulations.
- Provide technical assistance to state-administered prekindergarten programs, as necessary;
- Represent NYSED on inter and intra-agency committees, advisories and work groups to collaborate on best practices and initiatives to educate students in prekindergarten to third grade; and
- Supervise and manage activities of OEL staff.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Bilingual Education, Associate in Continuing Education, Associate in Education Improvement Services, Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation, Associate in Instructional Services or Associate in Occupational School Supervision.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position will require 20% travel.
*Leads to maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 21, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2047/61010) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.