THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Supervisor of Education Programs, Grade 28 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Education Programs position in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction. This Office is responsible for setting student learning expectations as a result of skilled instruction in the areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, and Physical Education. This Office also supports professional development initiatives for these subject areas. The incumbent of this position will provide technical assistance and develop standards-based guidance materials to assist the field in implementing the NYS Learning Standards and required State assessments all areas for grades N-6. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide expert assistance to management in developing and implementing policy and legislative and regulatory proposals on a variety of topics, including curriculum, standards, program requirements and diploma requirements;
• Oversee contracts with consultants secured by associates in the office related to the Content Advisory Panels (CAPS), professional development, standards development and the creation of guidance materials;
• Assist the director with budget proposals, Regents items, regulatory revisions;
• Ensure the programmatic materials accurately reflect NYSED policies and procedures;
• Maintain, through ongoing research and networking, expertise in the trends in state, national, and international standards, curriculum, and instruction, to support NYSED initiatives and inform policy development;
• Coordinate and facilitate communication with internal and external stakeholders and senior management in a variety of ways, including drafting written reports, facilitating internal meetings, presenting at statewide meetings and conferences, hosting webinars, and maintaining online support documentation;
• Work closely with and respond directly to SED senior management as needed;
• Coordinate and manage program office initiatives, including the responsibilities and work of professional and support staff; and
• Supervise staff and ensure the timely completion of all assigned work.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Bilingual Education, Associate in Continuing Education, Associate in Early Childhood Education, Associate in Education Improvement Services, Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation or Associate in Instructional Services.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work experience will be required.
*Leads to maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1895) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.