THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Supervisor in Education of Children with Disabilities, Grade 28 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Supervisor in Education of Children with Disabilities position in the Office of Special Education. The Office of Special Education works to promote educational equity and excellence for students with disabilities. This Office oversees the implementation of federal and State laws and policies for students with disabilities, provides general supervision and monitoring of all public and private schools in New York State serving preschool and school-age students with disabilities, and provides technical assistance to parents and school districts. Under of the direction of the Chief of Special Education Services, the incumbent of this position will serve as supervisor of the Program Development and Support Services Unit. This Unit is responsible for management of professional development and technical assistance contracts and grants developed to improve outcomes for students with disabilities. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee administration of all the Office of Special Education funded networks throughout the State including review of budget and contract commitments for each;
• Oversee planning and development of Request For Proposals (RFPs) relating to special education, coordinating with internal management and the Department’s Contract Administration Unit;
• Assist with the planning and organization of the Statewide meetings which include staff and representatives from State-funded technical assistance centers;
• Coordinate with other offices of the Department and other State agencies on technical assistance and program issues for students with disabilities;
• Partner with the Special Education Quality Assurance Units in support of district capacity building as outlined within the Statewide Regional Planning Process Work Plan for districts and programs identified as priority sites by the Office of Special Education; and
• Develop and provide periodic data and progress monitoring reports of technical assistance supports provided to the Office of Special Education identified as priority districts and programs;
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor in Education of Children with Disabilities.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Education of Children with Disabilities
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1812/48123) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.