THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Grade 22 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates for four (4) Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor positions in the Manhattan, Syracuse, and Queens District Offices and the Kingston Satellite Office. These offices assist persons with disabilities to attain employment, educational, and/or independent living goals. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and direct a unit of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors who plan and coordinate the vocational rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities;
- Assign new cases to staff for evaluation and the preparation of an Individualized Plan for Employment with the consumer;
- Evaluate the progress of counselors’ case activities to ensure that cases are being handled properly and expeditiously;
- Expedite the processing of case referrals by developing and maintaining relationships with referral sources; and,
- Conduct training for new counselors and interns in the techniques and principles of rehabilitation counseling through personal instruction and work review.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position and are interested in transferring to the location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
The following positions will be contingent-permanent appointments: ACS-2527/46207 (Manhattan) and ACS-2532/40331 (Long Island). The following positions will be permanent appointments: ACS-2531/44414 (Syracuse) and ACS-2563/44010 (Kingston). Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or These positions require extensive statewide travel (40% of assignment).
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
** Plus $3,026 annual Downstate adjustment.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by November 2, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (see below) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.
ACS-2532/40331 (Long Island City)**