THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Grade 22 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position in the Transition Unit of the Hauppauge District Office. The Transition Unit was formed to meet the priorities of the Board of Regents in supporting youth and emerging adults with disabilities in transition to careers and to provide support to constituencies who serve these youth in planning for transition to employment. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide consultative and technical assistance services to educational agencies, parent groups, community rehabilitation programs, independent learning centers, youth programs, one-stop centers and youth groups within the District Office’s service area;
- Ensure clear referral, eligibility, and service delivery processes are consistently implemented and relationships are formed among stakeholders to provide better employment outcomes for youth and students within the District Office’s service area;
- Support the District Office’s efforts to meet the newly created Rehabilitation Services Administration State Plan goal of increasing the employment rate for youth; and
- Provide oversight and coordinate efforts to provide Preemployment Transition Services to potentially eligible students.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position and are interested in transferring to the location listed on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
** Plus $3,026 annual Downstate adjustment.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 4, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2259/45614) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.