THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Grade 22 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates for four Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor positions in the Albany, Buffalo, Queens, and Manhattan District Offices. These Offices assist persons with disabilities to attain employment, educational and/or independent living goals. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise and direct a unit of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors who plan and coordinate the vocational rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities;
• Assign new cases to staff for evaluation and the preparation of an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) with the consumer;
• Evaluate the progress of counselors’ case activities to ensure that cases are being handled properly and expeditiously;
• Expedite the processing of case referrals by developing and maintaining relationships with referral sources; and
• Conduct training for new counselors and interns in the techniques and principles of rehabilitation counseling through personal instruction and work review.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
These will be contingent permanent or permanent, competitive appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
** This salary includes a $3,026 annual Downstate adjustment. Leads to a maximum salary of $91,150.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (see list below) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
New York State Education Department
ACS-2125/46210 (Long Island City)