THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Senior Administrative Analyst, Grade 18 (PEF)
Administrative Analyst Trainee 1, SG-NS (Equated to SG-13)
The New York State Education Department is seeking candidates for a Senior Administrative Analyst position in the Office of Human Resources Management. The incumbent of this position will coordinate organizational studies as well as the analysis, evaluation and development of policies and procedures. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Document current work methods and make recommendations for new and improved work activities and business practices;
- Monitor systems by reviewing and/or creating reports and observing operations to determine modification needs;
- As necessitated by programs or procedural changes, design new or revise forms;
- Plan, lead and conduct other studies related to productivity/efficiency improvement, operations, policy evaluation, procedures and methods associated with work processes;
- Develop a solid understanding of the financial and human resources systems;
- Develop a solid understanding of the laws, rules and regulations governing the Department and the Office of the CFO;
- Interview staff, gather facts and document findings related to studies;
- Based on facts gathered, prepare recommendations to supervisor as to whether a study should be undertaken;
- Prepare for supervisory review, workplans for conducting studies, which should include the objective, a problem statement which includes the barriers/issues related to a program area’s ability to achieve its goals, the analysis tools to be used, project timeline and resource requirements;
- Prepare monthly written progress reports for supervisor on studies undertaken;
- Prepare reports for supervisory review which contain recommendations for next steps, including documentation that supports the recommendations, such as graphs and charts;
- Prepare and deliver, as requested, presentations to management on study results and coordinate with supervisor on next step recommendations; and
- When recommendations are accepted, provide customers with a written implementation plan, which includes a schedule, resource and training requirements.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Administrative Analyst.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 Transfer to Administrative Analyst Trainee 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-11 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For more information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 Transfer to Senior Administrative Analyst: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For more information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.4 Transfer to Administrative Analyst Trainee 1: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Administrative Analyst Trainee 1 if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-11 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or the Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) eligible list.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
This position may be filled as a traineeship. The salary above applies to candidates appointed to Senior Administrative Analyst, SG-18. The salary for candidates appointed to Administrative Analyst Trainee 1 starts at $42,986 and, for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Candidates appointed at the trainee level will be required to successfully complete the traineeship in order to advance to the journey level title and salary.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume letter of interest by January 28, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (EXEC-26/21109) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.