THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Rehabilitation Provider Specialist 2, Grade 18 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill a Rehabilitation Provider Specialist 2 position in the Central Office. The incumbent of this position will provide technical assistance and support to the Service Delivery unit. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist management to develop the program narrative, evaluation, award method, appendices, and other components of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Requests for Proposals, grants, and contracts;
- Communicate and work as a team with VR Central Office and District Office staff and other State Education Department VR units to fully execute service delivery contracts and amendments in a timely manner;
- Work with VR District Office staff and vendors to develop justifications for contract amendments;
- Create timelines and work plans for VR service delivery projects and track progress;
- Participate as a member of Request for Proposal and grant review teams, as needed;
- Provide technical assistance to providers via telephone, email, webinar and in-person meetings;
- Help develop manuals, guidance documents, reports, and other written materials to support providers delivering services;
- Represent ACCES-VR at in-person, telephone, and video conference meetings with VR vendors, members of the public, and other State agencies;
- Work with the State Education Department’s Data Unit and Information Technology Services to ensure that vendor performance is being measured, tracked and communicated with VR management; and
- Resolve vendor billing and service documentation issues as needed.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Rehabilitation Provider Specialist 2.
Provisional Appointment: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree AND two years of experience in:
Either 1. The development of standards and purchasing practices covering products and services for disabled persons;
Or 2. The monitoring of the provision of products and services purchased on behalf of disabled persons.
This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. Extensive statewide travel will be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $70,566 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 23, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2007) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.