THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Coordinator, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for three Project Coordinator position in the Office of Early Learning. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, salary grade 28, and the Supervisor of Education Programs, the incumbent of this position will aid the Office of Early Learning in supervising the staff overseeing the American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) funded prekindergarten programs. The incumbent will provide assistance to school districts throughout the application process, budget process, verification of child count data, and final program reporting. The incumbent of this position will also be responsible for both on-site and desk reviews of state-administered prekindergarten programs throughout New York State for both compliance and technical assistance. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing direction and support for statewide policies and programs related to best practices for prekindergarten to third grade (P-3), including development of a P-3 learning continuum for students;
- Supporting school districts to promote high quality prekindergarten programs, particularly in high-need school districts, including the provision of technical assistance to early childhood education program providers on program development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Conducting program monitoring, including site visits, of all State-funded prekindergarten programs administered by OEL;
- Reviewing research, analyzing related data, and writing reports to inform the development of policies and guidelines related to early childhood education;
- Communicating with early learning providers, school districts, parents, and other stakeholders by phone, email and letter, developing & presenting workshops on program quality & fiscal requirements;
- Representing OEL on various inter- and intra-agency committees and advisory/work groups to collaborate on best practices and initiatives to educate children, ages birth-eight;
- Complete requests from Supervisors or Director to ensure the deliverables of the office are being met, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree AND four years of specialized experience in a public-school setting working with elementary-aged students. At least three (3) years of this experience must have involved working directly with students in Prekindergarten to 3rd grade. A Ph.D. may substitute for one year of specialized experience.
Hold valid permanent certification in Early Childhood Education (Birth – Grade 2), Childhood Education (1-6), or Elementary Education (N-6). Other certifications will be considered that include service in the early childhood grades.
This will be a temporary appointment Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require up to 20% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $114,393 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to P12jobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2222/51544) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.