THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Coordinator, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates for a Project Coordinator position in the Office of School Governance, Policy, and Religious and Independent Schools. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, SG-28, the Project Coordinator will provide school districts with technical assistance on effective financial management of American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) funds. The incumbent will utilize data and reporting to establish effective training in resource allocation for school districts. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review budget documents for districts that request technical assistance in the use of the ARP federal stimulus funds;
- Collect and analyze data from independent audit reports, the Office of the State Comptroller and SED audits, budget vote results, and salary and tax data submitted to SED for stressed districts identified by the Office of Audit Services to identify potential candidates for enhanced technical assistance on the use of ARP federal stimulus funds;
- Provide training in resource allocation, risk assessment, and internal controls to board members and officials in fiscally stressed school districts;
- Provide technical assistance on financial and managerial issues associated with ARP federal funds;
- Establish internal controls to maximize the effective combination of revenues from the federal funds, State Aid, and grants;
- Engage in school improvement activities with a focus on equitably addressing the impact of the pandemic related changes in children’s learning, through the allocation of resources (funding, time and teachers);
- Participate in collaborative research relating to the finance, management, and productivity of fiscally stressed school districts;
- Supervise Project Assistants (SG-23); and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree AND four years of professional level experience in educational administration where your primary duties (greater than 50%) involved education finance, education finance research, or fiscal management. This experience must have been within an elementary, middle, or secondary educational institution, or in an educational oversight agency. Two years of the experience must have been at a supervisory level.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $114,393 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OHE-911/51559) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.