THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Coordinator, NS (PEF)
(Equated to SG-26)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Chief Financial Officer is seeking candidates for a Project Coordinator position in the Project Management Office. Under the supervision of the Project Director, M-5, the incumbent of this position will supervise staff within the Project Management Office, represent the Project Director in internal meetings, and will help facilitate operationalizing the systems and processes developed by the Project Director. The Project Coordinator will assist the Project Director in ensuring fidelity to ARP ESSER standard operating procedures, communication protocols, monitoring protocols, and data collection/reporting processes. The incumbent will also assist the Project Director in maintaining strong lines of communication with program staff and will facilitate communication among and between offices. Given the large scope of the ARP-ESSER, the Project Coordinator position will be critical in supporting the Project Director, particularly in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the project plan, as developed by the Project Director in coordination with NYSED Leadership. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the APR ESSER Project Director in carrying out the requirements of the NYSED ARP ESSER program;
- Respond to written requests from internal and external stakeholders;
- Serve as point person between the NYSED Project Management Office and other NYSED staff;
- Monitor and respond to ARP ESSER-related NYSED email inboxes;
- Help prepare materials for ARP ESSER-related presentations;
- Assist in maintaining the ARP ESSER project workplan;
- Work with the Project Director to ensure fidelity to standard operating procedures, communication protocols, monitoring protocols, and data collection/reporting processes;
- Coordinate monitoring, including site visits, of all ARP ESSER funded programs to determine if programs are operating in compliance with the governing rules and regulations;
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders regarding ARP ESSER program implementation, as necessary;
- Ensure project work plans and timelines are adhered to;
- Edit and assist in creating supporting project documentation;
- Assist in implementing quality-assurance methods;
- Represent the ARP ESSER Project Director in internal NYSED meetings;
- Assist the Project Director in all administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, travel and internal NYSED processes;
- Supervise and manage activities of assigned ARP ESSER Project Assistant; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a master's degree AND:
1. Four years of professional experience in grant administration/oversight of local, state, or federal grants in an education organization such as an SEA, LEA, or other school-based setting; OR
2. Four years of professional project management experience in an education organization such as an SEA, LEA, or other school-based setting.
Two years of the qualifying experience must have been at a supervisory level.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position will require 10% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-502/51552) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.