THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Coordinator, NS (PEF)
(Equated to SG-28)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Project Coordinator position in the Office of Early Learning. Under the supervision of the Chief, Education Programs, the incumbent will supervise staff in the Office of Early Learning overseeing the American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) funded prekindergarten programs. The incumbent will work in conjunction with existing leadership in the Office of Early Learning to oversee staff providing assistance to school districts for applications, budgets, budget amendments, child counts, and final program reports. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide direction and support for statewide policies and programs related to prekindergarten to third grade (P-3), including the development of a P-3 learning continuum for students;
- Assist the Director of OEL in comprehensive budget planning, analysis and oversight of federal and State funding sources;
- Interpret and respond to proposed and current legislation that impacts schools and students in early childhood education;
- Respond to written requests from internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate monitoring, including site visits, of all federal and State-funded prekindergarten programs within OEL to determine if programs are operating in compliance with the governing rules and regulations.
- Provide technical assistance to state-administered prekindergarten programs, as necessary;
- Represent NYSED on inter- and intra-agency committees, advisories, and work groups to collaborate on best practices and initiatives to educate students in prekindergarten to third grade;
- Supervise and manage activities of assigned OEL staff; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree AND five years of specialized experience in a public-school setting working with students in Prekindergarten to 3rd grade. Three years of this experience must be at a supervisory level; or one year of the experience must have been at a managerial level. A Ph.D. may substitute for one year of specialized experience.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position will require 20% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to P12jobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2100/51547) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.