THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Professions is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position. The Office of the Professions (OP) is responsible for licensing and oversite of more than 50 professional titles, as well as professional corporations and pharmacy establishments. OP is working collaboratively with Information Technology Services (ITS) to undertake a comprehensive Modernization Program. This initiative will update technologies that no longer meet the needs of licensed professionals and others who rely on OP to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the public through effective and efficient professional licensing and discipline.
- Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Administrative Analysis on The Office of the Profession’s (OP) Tech Team, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for business analysis coordination, website content curation, developing the vision for website enhancements, and planning and execution on a variety of business improvement initiatives related to information provided to the public from OP. The Project Assistant will play an integral role in implementing the continued development and activities to complete the website redesign for OP as part of the OP Modernization Project. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with creating the vision of multiple projects through communication with various stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Manage the website redesign project’s entire life cycle from strategic planning and tactical activities through release and continued support;
- Manage the content preparation, placement, curation, and interface with stakeholders to ensure that website content meets legal requirements and standards;
- Facilitate meetings attended by stakeholders, Department management and IT staff to discuss specific project objectives and resolve problems or issues;
- Work closely with the development team to achieve goals, guaranteeing projects are executed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner;
- Maintain development road maps to ensure technology resources are aligned with business goals;
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to gather and prioritize product and data reporting requirements;
- Participate in user testing, usability testing, and reviewing and analyzing business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation;
- Supervise the work of an SG-18 Project Assistant, who is responsible for business requirements gathering and staff training; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree AND have two years’ experience conducting business analysis OR experience with the New York State licensing processes and procedures.
Preference may be given to candidates who have general work experience in customer service, training, or communications.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $100,342 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-544/51593) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.