THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
(Equated to SG-22)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position within the Office of Accountability’s Office of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)-Funded Programs. Under the supervision of a Project Coordinator, the incumbent of this position will operationalize administration, implementation, and monitoring of the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund (GEER) and the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER) federal programs, to ensure compliance with all federal statutory requirements. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate clear and timely communication among internal and external grant stakeholders;
- Develop and implement written policies and procedures for the successful administration, implementation, and oversight of the GEER and ESSER programs;
- Assist with the preparation of LEA application forms and review protocols to ensure consistent assessment of all LEA grant applications;
- Assist with the preparation of monitoring forms and monitoring review protocols to ensure successful oversight of the grant programs;
- Assist with the development of data collection tools for reporting elements required by the United Stated Department of Education;
- Monitor and track LEA budgets and amendments;
- Monitor the GEER and ESSER programs, under the provisions of the CARES Act, to ensure LEA compliance with programmatic and fiscal requirements;
- Provide technical assistance to LEAs regarding grant implementation;
- Assist with the development of technical assistance resources including, but not limited to, guidance documents, webinars, and presentations;
- Assist LEAs in the preparation and completion of their grant applications, and
- Perform other duties, as required.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree AND two years of professional experience in an education organization working with elementary, middle, or secondary schools in the implementation of educational programs or educational grants OR two years of professional experience working with members of minority groups, economically disadvantaged students, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, gender groups, and migrant students, students experiencing homelessness and students in foster care, as well as neglected and/or delinquent youth OR two years of professional experience in classroom teaching or serving as an administrator in a public school.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require occasional statewide travel (30%).
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 26, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2112/51532) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.