THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
(Equated to SG-22)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates for three Project Assistant positions in the Office of Student Support Services (SSS). Under the supervision of the Project Coordinators, the incumbents of these positions will assist in the development and provision of guidance to all public local educational agencies (LEAs), regarding the implementation of evidence-based strategies to combat learning loss, such as social emotional learning, extended school day, and community school practices as outlined in NYSED’s American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) State Plan. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Project Coordinators, Social Worker, and SSS staff in the organization, construction, design, approval, and publication phases of all guidance, instructional and training aids, training venues, and other materials, as requested/needed;
- Assist in the management of project communications, tracking, and website management;
- Provide technical assistance to LEAs regarding SSS and Project leadership plans, goals, guidance, implementation of project strategies, and other communications;
- Design and conduct both formal and informal surveys and other data collection mechanisms with the oversight and guidance of the Project Directors and/or other SSS program office personnel;
- Work with SSS program office staff regarding the design, maintenance, and reporting of data collections and the dissemination of collection results; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a master’s degree AND two years of experience in the field of education in public schools. A Ph.D. may substitute for one year of specialized experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with additional training and/or experience in website management and design, educational research, research analysis, providing technical assistance to schools, data collections, analysis, and/or reporting.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require 25% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-880/51560, 51561 & 51562) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.