THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position in the Office of Early Learning. Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Education Programs, the incumbent of this position will aid the Office of Early Learning in overseeing the American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) funded prekindergarten programs. The incumbent of this position will ensure all expenditures are in line with Commissioner’s Regulations 151-1.2. The incumbent will ensure accurate and timely processing of budgets and payments relating to the ARP-ESSER funded prekindergarten programs. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides support to staff regarding allowable expenses as outlined in Commissioner’s Regulations 151-1;
- Provides technical assistance to districts and agencies regarding allowable expenses as outlined in Commissioner’s Regulations 151-1;
- Intakes and processes budgets (FS-10) and budget amendments (FS-10-A) related to Universal Prekindergarten, Statewide Universal Full-Day Prekindergarten, and Targeted Prekindergarten;
- Enters and approves budgets and amendments into the NYSED PTS system via Bridge to track approved budgets from the Office of Early Learning;
- Works closely with the Office of Grants Finance to ensure all grant related documents are submitted properly and in a timely manner;
- Compile data regarding fiscal spending of Universal Prekindergarten programs;
- Provides technical assistance to Universal Statewide Full-Day Prekindergarten districts and agencies to be compliant with M/WBE requirements;
- Provides on-site or desk audits to ensure all programs are compliant with state and federal fiscal requirements; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree AND three years of specialized experience in an educational agency or facility regulated under federal or New York State laws, rules, or regulations performing one or more of the following activities: calculating financial support, reviewing criteria, and authorizing payments, auditing/reviewing fiscal transactions, monitoring, and overseeing financial activity, or analyzing financial data.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position will require 20% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to P12jobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2102/51568) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.