THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
(Equated to SG-18)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position in the State Office for Religious and Independent Schools (SORIS). Under the supervision of a Project Assistant, salary grade 23, the incumbent will serve as a liaison with the NYSED implementation partners in the Capital Region BOCES, vendors, and non-public school stakeholders. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical assistance on office fiscal policy, budget issues and other fiscal and programmatic topics related to the Emergency Assistance for Nonpublic Schools (EANS) program;
- Assist with the monitoring of the contracts between NYSED and participating BOCES;
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports and record keeping related to the EANS program;
- Prepare reports on the service usage and communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure that the eligible services are provided; and
- Assist with the development, review, evaluation, and monitoring of the business processes for acceptance of EANS applications to ensure consistency in the review of applications and distribution of funds.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in financial accounting and/or fiscal monitoring. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of qualifying experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have experience with NYS procurement and contracting laws and guidelines.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 1, 2021 to OHEJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-844/51542) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by SED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.