THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
(Equated to SG-23)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Higher Education is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position in the State Office for Religious and Independent Schools (SORIS). Under the supervision of a Supervisor, Education Programs, the incumbent will serve as a liaison with the New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) implementation partners in the Capital Region BOCES, vendors, and nonpublic school stakeholders. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop office fiscal policy and provide leadership on budget issues and other fiscal and programmatic topics related to the Emergency Assistance for Nonpublic Schools (EANS) program;
- Oversee and monitor the EANS contracts between NYSED and the participating BOCES;
- Coordinate, oversee and monitor the communications with the approved eligible schools that apply;
- Coordinate the development of critical financial reports, record keeping, and automated systems related to the EANS program;
- Develop, review, evaluate, and monitor the business processes for acceptance of EANS applications, to ensure consistency and accuracy in the review of applications and distribution of funds;
- Monitor and interpret federal guidance related to EANS; and
- Supervise the Project Assistant, salary grade 18.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in financial accounting and/or fiscal monitoring. One year of the experience must have been at a supervisory level. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of qualifying experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have experience with NYS procurement and contracting laws and guidelines.
This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 1, 2021 to OHEJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-845/51543) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by SED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.