THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Project Assistant, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Professions is seeking candidates for two Project Assistant positions. The Office of the Professions (OP) is responsible for licensing and oversight of more than 50 licensed professions, as well as professional corporations and pharmacy establishments. OP is working collaboratively with SED’s Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) to undertake a comprehensive Modernization Program. This initiative will update technologies that no longer meet the needs of licensed professionals and others who rely on OP to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the public through effective and efficient professional licensing and discipline.
The incumbents of these positions will implement the initiation and activities to create the planning documents and design models for the Office of the Professions’ Modernization Program. Other duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports, as needed;
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings;
- Perform requirements analysis;
- Document and communicate the results of project team’s efforts;
- Perform user acceptance testing;
- Update, implement and maintain procedures;
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users;
- Coordinate stakeholder input and feedback;
- Report and monitor the resolution of any issues that stakeholders may experience during the transition; and
- Provide instructional assistance and support, over the phone, via webinar, or in person, regarding program specific process and procedures in a "how to" manner.
Candidates must have a minimum of six years of general work experience in customer service, training, or communications. Two years of this experience must have been conducting business analysis or experience with the New York State licensing processes and procedures. An associate’s degree may substitute for two years of general experience. A bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of general experience.
These will be temporary appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1193) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.