THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Program Research Specialist 3, Grade 23 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Program Research Specialist 3 position in the Office of Information and Reporting Services (IRS). This Office is responsible for collecting and reporting data for school districts, public schools, charter schools, and nonpublic schools in New York State.The incumbent of this position will generate reports and evaluate data for quality, patterns and questionable information. Duties of this position include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Extract data stored in database tables to create files for request and reporting requirements;
- Utilize spreadsheet and database programs to merge data sets, perform queries and create tables for request and reporting requirements;
- Research and evaluate incoming data to better assist school districts;
- Assist with submission of EDFacts files, the annual Consolidated State Performance Report (CSPR) and special education data reporting;
- Manage calendar and timelines:
- Respond to submission errors:
- Respond to required corrections and correspondence from USED;
- Establish and revise business rules regarding data extracts:
- Cross-check data across multiple files to ensure comparability and accuracy;
- Perform reasonableness checks against prior year data;
- Respond to surveys and update reports in federal EMAPS system; and
- Supervise lower level staff.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Program Research Specialist 3.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated at SG-21 or higher deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated at SG-21 or higher deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 28, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1993/04455) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.