THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Program Aide, Grade 13 (CSEA-Admin)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department is seeking candidates for a Program Aide position in the Office of Grants Finance. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist professional staff with monitoring grant programs and expenditures;
- Monitor the use of grant funds to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Draft office procedures and maintain office procedure manuals;
- Assist in the preparation, review, evaluation, and analysis of a variety of reports and records;
- Handle inquiries and requests for backup documentation for vouchers from the Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC);
- Prepare and assist with training of Department staff as appropriate;
- Update office websites as needed;
- Respond to e-mail inquiries submitted by local agencies via grantsweb and provide technical assistance, as needed;
- Act as the liaison to program offices on the project tracking system (PTS).
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Program Aide.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Program Aide: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-11 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $56,107 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 18, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-436/21208) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.