THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Program Aide, Grade 13 (CSEA-Admin)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department is seeking candidates for a Program Aide position in the Office of Human Resources Management. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Human Resource’s activities as assigned;
- Assist professional staff in responding to written, telephone or email inquiries, including timely intake and processing of Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) requests;
- Assist in review of Department postings and publications to the agency intranet site;
- Administer multiple electronic mailboxes;
- Responsible for an office purchasing card (PCard) and the payment of office bills/invoices working within the Statewide Financial System;
- Serve as the Office Forms Coordinator;
- Lead all requests for Office staff moves, equipment, and any computer access needed;
- Coordinate with information technology personnel to resolve issues related to staff phones and computers;
- Develop, maintain and regularly update tracking spreadsheets; and
- May supervise lower-level staff.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Program Aide.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Program Aide: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-11 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $56,107 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 25, 2019 to email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-408/26033) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.