THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Print Equipment Operator 2, Grade 9 (CSEA-Operational)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Performance Improvement and Management Services is seeking candidates for a Print Equipment Operator 2 position in the Office of Facilities and Business Services. This Office handles a variety of physically demanding, sub-journey level pre-press, post-press, and bindery tasks. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist a Print Equipment Operator 3 with pre-cut of printing paper to be printed, cut covers on ITOH cutter cut pre-printed material and trim printed material, make boxes, and pack printed material;
- Operate finishing equipment such as a Muller Martini speed binder/saddle stitcher, Baum folders, an ITOH cutter, a large shrink-wrap and Rollem numbering machine;
- Assist a Print Equipment Operator 3 in running the web presses (King & Goss) and the Sakuri 4 color sheet fed press, and function as a second pressman on the press;
- Operate a Rima counter stacker part of a web press;
- Operate all copiers in the production unit, including but not limited to the Ricoh C7200, and the Xerox C-60 with knowledge of the software programs;
- Operate Ricoh IP5000 digital press;
- Maintain inventory and order supplies for all copiers and presses;
- Place service calls as the point-of-contact, when needed, to address performance issues/production problems;
- Assist in using Heidelberg pre-press and imposition software and other various pre-press applications to layout print jobs for the proper press;
- Maintain a log of printed materials, and help in computing the final cost of print jobs; and
- Assist in providing advice to people unfamiliar with the print process as it relates to the production unit.
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have two years of offset printing equipment operating experience; OR one year of non-competitive service as a Print Equipment Operator 1.
This will be a permanent, non-competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. Candidates are required to possess verification of work experience at the time of hire.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $46,103 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to OMSJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-556/01368) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.