THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Pharmacy Consultant, Grade 25 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Professions (OP) is seeking candidates for a Pharmacy Consultant position in the New York State Board for Pharmacy. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review non-resident establishment applications, determine if the current operation model for non-resident establishments meets the criteria for licensure as outlined in NYS Education law and regulations, and issue registrations for non-resident establishments that meet NYS criteria;
- Review Continuing Education (CE) providers to determine if they meet the criteria outlined in NYS law and regulation, and issue acceptable CE providers the authority to offer coursework in NYS;
- Review and respond to pharmacist inquiries, and work with Executive Secretary and Pharmacy Supervisor to craft responses and draft templates for frequently asked questions;
- Attend conferences on behalf of the Executive Secretary, and attend Board of Pharmacy meetings;
- Review and complete Free Sale applications, review applications for CDTM approval, review applications requesting Nuclear pharmacist approval, and follow up with the applicants to communicate final determination;
- Gain a thorough understanding and assist Pharmacy Supervisor in the reviewal and processing of 503b outsourcing facility applications, and communicate with 503b applicants, as needed;
- Review Pharmacy website and identify necessary revisions/updates, work with the Pharmacy Supervisor and Executive Secretary to draft updates, submit updates to OPWeb, and monitor updates to ensure correct implementation; and
- Assists the Executive Secretary and Pharmacy supervisor with other tasks including, but not limited to, conduct research on Federal law and laws within other jurisdictions, respond to inquiries, review and process instate applications.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as a Pharmacy Consultant. Candidates must have a license AND a current registration to practice pharmacy in New York State to qualify for transfer.
55 b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55 b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55 b/c eligibility letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of post-licensure experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. Candidates are required to possess a New York State license and registration to practice pharmacy at the time of hire. Continued employment as a Pharmacy Consultant is dependent upon maintaining a New York State license and registration to practice pharmacy. Failure to maintain a New York State license and registration to practice pharmacy will result in removal from employment. This position will require 10% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $111,111 based on annual performance advances.
** In addition to the listed base salary, this position receives a $11,000 Annual Geographic Pay Differential for Albany County.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OP-1580/20470) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.