THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources), Grade 14 (Management/Confidential)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources) position in the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM). This Office provides personnel services, staff development, labor relations and employee benefits to staff in various diverse program areas within the Education Department, including the Offices of Education Policy, Adult Career and Continuing Education Services, the Professions, Cultural Education, Higher Education, Performance Improvement and Management Services, and the Chief Financial Officer. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilize Eligible List Management System (ELMS) to canvass and code eligible lists;
- Create, monitor and update waivers within NYSTEP and the internal waiver tracking system;
- Create and maintain acceptors lists for all NYSED program areas;
- Obtain clearance codes from Civil Service for appointments;
- Create and maintain decentralized and department promotion eligibility list databases;
- Produce various reports and work with OHRM staff to ensure that necessary transactions are prepared;
- Review and prepare monthly Priority Waiver Request spreadsheets for the review and approval of OHRM leadership;
- Arrange and administer Performance Testing for selected candidates, such as, the Keyboarding Test and the Language Proficiency Exam;
- Serve as key liaison with Statewide NYSED Keyboarding Test Coordinators as well as submit candidate’s scores to the Department of Civil Service; and
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to OHRM staff, program staff and eligibility list candidates.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources) eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources): Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-12 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $61,114 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 3, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (EXEC-29/00736) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.