THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Office Assistant 3 (Calculations), Grade 14 (CSEA-Admin)
(Open to current NYS Employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Chief Financial Officer is seeking candidates for an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) position in the Office of Grants Finance. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage workload within the Processing Unit and make adjustments to work assignments to address office needs and Department priorities;
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner;
- Oversee the processing of fiscal documents and transactions to ensure that they are completed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with Department policies and guidelines;
- Develop and update office procedures as needed;
- Assist with troubleshooting any processing issues and initiate follow-up when needed;
- Perform financial transactions in the Department’s grant payment system, CAFÉ, and or the Statewide Financial System (SFS);
- Coordinate and respond to inquiries from the Office of the State Comptroller for documentation to support payment requests;
- Compile statistical analysis regarding the processing of fiscal documents;
- Review and develop reports as necessary; and
- Perform special assignments as needed.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 3 (Calculations). If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-12 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $60,371 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 20, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-498/60145) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.