THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Museum Exhibit Specialist 1 (Imaging), Grade 15 (CSEA-Operational)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Cultural Education is seeking candidates for a Museum Exhibit Specialist 1 (Imaging) position in the New York State Museum. Under the general direction of a Museum Exhibit Specialist 2, the Museum Exhibit Specialist 1 (Imaging) will provide imaging services for Museum programs and exhibits. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with exhibit and graphic designers, curators, and members of exhibit project teams from all areas of the Museum to produce images for interpretive graphics, large photographic banners and designs, gallery text panels and stickers, and educational and promotional materials;
- Assist with installation needs in the galleries, including painting and graphic installation;
- Assist in the printing and production of all exhibit and educational graphics;
- Laminate digital prints on exhibit panels and prepare images for installation by trimming, mounting, and delivering to production;
- Provide digital image editing and photo retouching for exhibits, collections, and programs; and
- Maintain and operate 3D scanners, printers, laminate press and peripheral hardware for digital imaging and output.
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have four years of experience in photography, digital imaging and scanning, and graphic output for exhibitions, public programs, educational programs, and/or publications within or for a cultural institution including museums, performing arts organizations, higher education institutions, and interpretive sites. A maximum of two years of appropriate training may substitute for the work experience on a year-for-year basis.
This will be a permanent, non-competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work history and training will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $63,705 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume by October 27, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must indicate the Box number (OCE-1229/27475) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.