THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Licensed Master Social Worker 2, Grade 20 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Professions is seeking to fill a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 position in the Professional Assistance Program (PAP). This program provides an alternative to prosecution for professional misconduct to licensed professionals with drug/alcohol addiction. The Licensed Master Social Worker 2 will perform a variety of activities, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate regularly with the PAP Steering Committee which oversees all of the PAP board functions and activities;
- Supervise subordinate staff as assigned in the performance of various activities;
- Provide organizational responsibility for leading teams and/or work groups;
- Facilitate hearings with licensees and panel members, and keep records of those hearings within an appropriate time line;
- Participate in development and implementation of trainings on addictions and PAP;
- Monitor addicted professionals using modalities, such as drug screens, urine monitoring, work site reports, and treatment reports, ensuring that the participants are meeting the restrictions placed on their practice;
- Perform case management duties which include: providing program descriptions to licensees, communicating with licensees both verbally and in writing, representing the department for education about PAP with various outside entities, monitoring licensees by working with employers and institutions and participating in hearings for admission, reinstatement, progress, out of compliance or termination;
- Collect, synthesize, validate and document participant’s recovery and treatment data in a thorough professional manner from a variety of sources, including: participants, treatment providers, past records, and psychosocial/chemical evaluations;
- Work closely with the Statewide Peer Assistance Program regarding nurse participants;
- Network with advocates in the community for outreach; and
- Travel to other PAP sites to hold hearings for licensees within the State at least two to three times per month; this will include overnight travel on occasion.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive or 55b/c service as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on one of the Licensed Master Social Worker 2 Various Program Areas eligible lists may be considered for appointment.
Section 70.1 Transfer: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-18 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law AND either:
Licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR
Licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience, including; activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Candidates are required to possess a current license and registration in NYS as a LMSW or LCSW at the time of hire. Verification of license and degree or transcripts will be required. Continued employment as a LMSW2 is dependent upon maintaining a current license and registration in NYS as a LMSW or LCSW. Failure to maintain a NYS LMSW or LCSW license will result in removal from employment. This position will require 25% in-state/Statewide travel.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $86,140 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 7, 2022 to email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OP-1496/21156) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.