THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Laborer, Grade 6 (CSEA-Operational)
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Facilities and Business Services is seeking to fill a Laborer position. Major duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Empty recyclables and garbage;
- Set up conference rooms;
- Change lightbulbs;
- Place and remove boxes from storage;
- Deliver and pickup recycle bins, boxes, and surplus materials throughout the building;
- Deliver copy paper to various offices;
- Clean and maintain the grounds, including: salting, shoveling and plowing snow, mowing the lawn, and pulling weeds;
- Move furniture boxes and other heavy equipment and material;
- Prepare cars for staff, as needed;
- Work with all trades, as directed; and
- Perform other duties, as needed.
Candidates must be physically able to perform the duties assigned, including the ability to perform activities requiring medium to heavy lifting. Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license is required.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $37,150 with annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 14, 2017 to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred.) You must include the Box number (PIMS-315/03838) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.