THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Janitor, Grade 7 (CSEA-Operational)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Performance Improvement and Management is seeking candidates for a Janitor position in the Office of Facilities and Business Services. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate and maintain large or heavy cleaning equipment;
- Perform a variety of floor care tasks, including stripping, waxing, burnishing, etc. promoting floor resiliency and safety;
- Perform a variety of cleaning and care tasks in an assigned area, including mopping, washing, dusting, polishing, cleaning, and setting up furniture and equipment;
- Coordinate with Public Buildings Manager 1 to address identified facility deficiencies; and
- Supervise Cleaners, and plan and schedule staff assignments and cleaning projects.
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have the physical ability to perform the tasks of the position and to communicate effectively to obtain and convey information.
This will be a permanent, non-competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. The work schedule for this position includes hours of Monday through Friday (6:00am – 2:00pm) in the Education Building and Education Building Annex, with overtime as needed during events in the building.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $41,555 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 30, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-582/01090) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.