THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Information Technology Specialist 4, Grade 25 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 4 position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent of this position will work as a member of the application development team, providing oversight, analysis and programming support for NYSED's enterprise applications and develop Information Technology (IT) solutions to support the business needs of the Department. The incumbent will work in an environment that is committed to implementing progressive technologies. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, manage and provide technical oversight of new application development projects that will support and streamline the business functions of the Department;
- Maintain responsibility for overall project coordination which may include collaboration with IT technical units, development of IT work plans and budgets, and identification of technical, fiscal and staffing resource requirements;
- Collaborate with the IT Enterprise Architecture team to understand the system designs and prescribed technologies;
- Assign work to subordinate supervisors, monitor project progress, review major initiatives and make recommendations, as appropriate;
- Coordinate, manage and monitor vendor contracts and delivery of vendor services;
- Adopt and support future IT application development practices and standards; and
- Supervise subordinate supervisors and lower level professional staff.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 4.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 4 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 4: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated to SG-23 or higher deemed eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 4: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-23 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position may require occasional off-shift and weekend work.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $102,661 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 29, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-412/40704) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.