THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming), Grade 23 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming) position in the Office of Information Technology Services. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for upgrading and maintaining NYSED web sites built in Drupal 7 and 9. This incumbent will gather requirements and lay out the architecture for new Drupal 9 environments based on Drupal best practices. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create, update, and maintain Drupal 7 and 9 sites, modules, and webforms;
- Write Drupal 9 code based on OOP best practices;
- Coordinate the migration of static web sites to Drupal;
- Coordinate the migration of Drupal 7 sites to Drupal 9;
- Migrate Drupal sites into cloud hosted technology;
- Support Dreamweaver based websites, manage user access requests;
- Maintain enterprise-wide Drupal multisite and implement Qualys security scan updates;
- Develop web sites and apps that are WCAG 2.0 compliant;
- Gather technical specifications and application requirements through user interviews;
- Collaborate in a team setting to develop web policies, standards, and best practices; and
- Supervise and train staff when applicable.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated salary grade 21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website. https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/title-search/index.cfm
55b/c Appointment: These positions are eligible for 55b/c designation and are subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
- Experience in creating custom Drupal 9 modules;
- Experience migrating on-prem Drupal sites into enterprise cloud hosted technology;
- Experience in supporting Macromedia and Adobe Dreamweaver website technologies;
- Experience managing enterprise-wide Drupal multisite environments including implementing Qualys security scan updates;
- Efficient debugging skills;
- Proficiency in Git; and
- Experience in web accessibility remediation efforts.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
This position leads to a maximum salary of $100,342 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 7, 2023 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-609/00026) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.